The Value of the Coldwell Banker® Brand
1. The Brand has a 100+ year heritage, predicated on ethical dealing, dating back to 1906 when our company was founded with a goal of protecting customers. Our unique history is a differentiating characteristic, which engenders trust and confidence to consumers and, ultimately, influences them to list their home or buy a new home with Coldwell Banker®. Our founders firmly believed in the importance of ethics, professionalism, honesty and above all, putting the customer first. To this day, our company has subscribed to these underlying principles. Coldwell Banker is known world-wide for its highly ethical beliefs and legendary history of fiduciary trust.
2. Independent studies(1) confirm that Coldwell Banker is rated #1 by consumers in terms of a company you can trust and dependability. According to these studies, our brand is recognized by 96% of consumers in our target audience. Combining a local well–respected name with our brand results in proven competitive advantage because our brand has a prestigious image among nationwide companies.
3. In 2000, the U.S. House of Representatives Issued a citation recognizing Coldwell Banker Real Estate Corporation as the nation’s oldest National Real Estate Organization. Today, consumers are seeking the comfort of knowing that their service providers are stable and well–established and Coldwell Banker can affirm that “it has no equal”
4. Among the top firms in the nation, the Coldwell Banker® brand collectively sells more real estate in terms of both transactions and dollar volume than any other firm including the nearest national franchise network (2)(4). The result is that our brand is one of the leading sellers of real estate in the nation and buyers are attracted to our firm to find their home.
5. NRT Incorporated (“NRT”), a Realogy® owned company, owns and operates residential brokerage offices in the 35 largest US markets, and is considered America’s largest real estate company (2). NRT sells 2½ times more real estate in terms of sides and 3½ times more sales volume than the next nearest competitor in the nation. Being in the same business as our franchisees, results in an unparalleled business relationship with partners that understand each other’s needs. Consumers should also be comforted to know that they are working with the nation’s largest firm.
6. Of the 5 Realogy® Real Estate Brands, Coldwell Banker has the highest productivity per person, highest dollar volume and highest average sales price. Coldwell Banker Agents are among the most successful in the nation.
7. Coldwell Banker is a worldwide real estate sales organization, with offices in 31 countries on 6 continents with nearly 4,000 offices and 126,000 sales associates. Above and beyond, residential brokerage, the firm also is considered one of the leading Commercial brokerage firms in the United States. Consumers who select Coldwell Banker to market their home benefit from the worldwide exposure of an international firm.
8. Coldwell Banker was the first nationwide company to introduce:
o Buyer and seller service guarantees (1987)
o Mandatory seller disclosure (1992)
o Nationwide Concierge Services (1998)
o Interactive search services for Internet home shoppers, the Personal Retriever (1998).
o Lead management software, which facilitates nearly instantaneous communication between consumers and sales associates’ cell phones (2005)
o Streaming video on its national website (2006) We will continue to lead the market with new products. Our brand is clearly innovative because we are so highly consumer focused.
9. Our National Media spending is among the broadest in the industry with extensive high profile prime–time national television commercials, national network prime–time radio ads and extensive print advertising in exclusive luxury magazines targeted to affluent consumers. Our multi–million dollar combined advertising budget is insures that our buyers and sellers have compelling reasons to go to www.coldwellbanker.com. One of our “True Stories” commercials was ranked in the top 10 most memorable spots (11), helping to keep the Coldwell Banker® Brand name in the forefront of people’s minds with over 3.1 billion consumer impressions during 2006. Potential sellers want to be convinced that the firm they select will do the best job of attracting buyers and our national advertising combined with local classified ads results in an unparalleled package designed to attract qualified buyers.
10. The Coldwell Banker national web site had nearly 30 million site visits in 2006, generated 157,600 direct leads and linked to our local web sites 2,642,000 times! The Coldwell Banker public site is among the most visited real estate websites in the nation. During 2006, 51,000 consumers were receiving a personal e–mail from the Coldwell Banker Personal Retriever search service (8). In 2006, coldwellbanker.com was named the Best Real Estate Web Site for the 2nd year in a row (10). Also in 2006, the Coldwell Banker website Implemented new Microsoft® satellite mapping technology and was first and only real estate company to offer overlay capability for restaurants, gas stations, schools, churches and other local services. Coldwell Banker.com is the first and only web site to offer consumers streaming video. These facts continue to demonstrate the tangible value of our national web marketing and lead generation programs and offer a meaningful listing tool.
11. Consumers expect a timely response to Internet inquires about buying, selling or previewing homes. The Coldwell Banker Leadrouter® lead management software facilitates nearly instantaneous communication between consumers and sales associates to insure that our listing inquires are addressed with the prompt attention that consumer’s demand. Except for other Realogy® branded offices, no other firm in the nation possesses this unique patented technology. A simple demonstration of our capabilities to a potential seller would most likely result in the listing agent having the competitive advantage.
12. Online advertising has become a strong component of our marketing strategy in association with well–known national websites such as msn.com, aol.com, hgtv.com and forbes.com. Our online ads were viewed over 480 million times in 2006 and over 6.7 million users clicked through to coldwellbanker.com to ultimately view listing inventory. We are aggressively competing for placement on major search engines like Google™, Yahoo™ and MSN and search engine marketing drove over 4.7 million consumers to coldwellbanker.com. In early 2007, Coldwell Banker forged a historic relationship with CBS News.com to serve as the exclusive sponsor of the real estate section of CBSNews.com which includes logo placement on every page, banner advertising, and video ads to attract the millions of visitors to CBSNews.com every month. We’ll also continue our successful sponsorship of the online home of HGTV’s Designed to Sell which includes another installment of our $15,000 Makeover Money Sweepstakes in September. In 2007, Coldwell Banker began feeding all Coldwell Banker listings directly to Trulia and Google® Base. No matter where consumers search for real estate, they’ll find Coldwell Banker.
o (1) (3) Brooks- Rose Study Dec 2002
o (2)Real Trends Magazine (April 2007 edition)
o (4)Real Trends (April 2007)-compared transaction from Coldwell Banker® vs. Remax® among Top 760 firms
o (6)According to National Relocation Magazine (April 2006 Edition)
o (8)Source- Bootstrap Consulting
o (9)Galaxy Awards, 2005. Developed to recognize professionals who contribute to the process of building image, creating profit and making a difference in the marketplace.
o (10)Web Marketing Association™ in its 2006 WebAward Competition. WebAwards are acknowledged as one of the premier annual Web site competitions, evaluating entries from among 96 different industries
o (11)Advertising Age Magazine, 2005